Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Dad!!

Joseph Song: Mercy Me

Did you know that there were actually two people that were very important when it came to Jesus growing up to be who he is? Well, actually I should say 3. If some of you are feeling lost, I'm thinking about Joseph, Mary, and the Holy Spirit.  That makes three. 

 Oh, excuse me, I want to say "Hi" to Tom, a nice gentleman that was in line at Starbucks yesterday that I gave a card too. And, Hi to Charlotte too! Thanks again for picking up my sunglasses on the floor. And, thank you for accepting the card too. Praying for both of these people to be encouraged by my writings!

Well, it was Friday when I wrote this so happy Friday to me! Now, it is early Saturday morning and I am editing and getting ready to post the writing. So, in reality happy Saturday!  I'm going to focus on the other gender that also was pretty important when it came to the upbringing life of Jesus.   Now, I know my deep thought readers are really smart so they figured out I will be writing about Joseph, the dad of Jesus!

Doesn't it seem like Joseph was kind of like a lost soul or an unsung hero? You know what I mean? All through my childhood I remember just being introduced to the story of Mary. I never really knew anything about the father of Jesus. Am I pinching a nerve and therefore making you guys think? If I'm making you guys think, that would be awesome! The title of this blog is being justified. Deep Thoughts! Lol

So, yeah we all know that Joseph was the father of Jesus. We also heard that Joseph and Mary did not participate in the "s word"in order for Jesus to have life.   I totally see how that can be confusing to most. The Bible tells us that an angel came to Joseph in a dream after he found out that his wife was pregnant. When he found out, he wanted to divorce his wife and leave her quietly so she wouldn't experience disgrace.   In the dream the angel said to Joseph that Mary was pregnant by the Holy Spirit. They were to raise the baby and name him Jesus. Jesus was going to be the savior of the world!

Well for those husbands out there, what would your reaction be if something like that ever happened in your life? Of course, not in today's times. However, if you were around thousands of years ago, I mean. What would be your thoughts?

Let me tell you what the Bible says about how Joseph responded. It really is so encouraging. Joseph did not want to shame Mary.  So, as soon as the angel spoke to Joseph, he understood what was happening and it was all good to him! He knew he had to be obedient and he was!  So, Mary was going to be the mother of Jesus. And Joseph, the father.  God said it.  They believed it. That settled it! Amen!

Matthew 1:18-25English Standard Version (ESV)

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. 19 And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. 20 But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”

(which means, God with us). 24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment