Sunday, March 31, 2019

It's Not Enough

Play for the Audio Version

I remember when I was in my early twenties. Remember I told you before I don't have a good memory. I just have a weird memory. Well, I believe I remember whatever the Lord wants me to remember. I think it's usually so I can include  it in my writings. Then the next day, totally out the window lol.

Anyway, this memory was from my early twenties. I was talking to this guy on the phone. No, he was just a friend. At that time I was actually already dating my husband. I do remember this thing about my friend though.

He was not a born again Christian. But, he acted really proud of his Bible knowledge. I remember he would say ask me anything about the Bible! I know everything! 

I can't really remember, but I think I did ask him one thing. And, I don't think he actually remembered. And, that was OK. God doesn't expect us to remember everything in the Bible right? He probably would be really happy if we could spit out any Bible verse by memory. He would then see that we are choosing to spend our time getting to know more about him. It is our choice. Do you want to learn more about it. 

Having an awesome memory of the words in the Bible is not a prerequisite to entering heaven. I'm thinking there might really be people out there, like my friend before that might might think that. 

Meaning, they really do think it is enough to have good Bible knowledge, a perfect attendance with going to church every Sunday. Or, maybe people are thinking we have to recite certain prayers for a specific number of times. And, if we are spot-on and perfect with that, we are definitely allowed into heaven. Is that one people think?

Uh, no friends, I don't believe God works like that. John 3:16 
says, For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.  There you have it! I am pretty sure that right there is what God wants us to know. Once we decide to embrace Christ as our Lord and savior, ask him to come into our hearts and into our lives, acknowledge we are sinners and we need to ask for his forgiveness, believe that God sent his son Jesus Christ to die and be Resurrected for us. Believe that then we will spend eternity with him in heaven? Then, folks that will be enough!

1 John 5 11 - 12

And, this is the testimony God can listen to my life and this life is in his son. He has the son has life, He Who does not have the Son of God does not have life

Matthew 7:23

I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

It's not enough to know the evidence of the facts of resurrecresurrection.

JPCC Worship- More Than Enough


No comments:

Post a Comment