Monday, January 28, 2019

Power Series Part 60: Power Of Disunity

Play for the Audio Version

My Google Assistant defined disunity as disagreement OR conflict with a group. ( GA).Yup, that's a good definition. Pretty much straight to the point when asking for the meaning of disunity.

I remember talking to a loved one. This person believed that as long as you're a good person, you would go to heaven. It didn't matter what kind of religion you practiced. This person believed as long as one believed in a higher power ( didn't matter who it was ) then they would be all good in the afterlife. This person strongly believed they would go to heaven. 

I believe the angels in heaven pretty much surrounded my mind and heart making me feel like not getting into a nasty rebuttal. But, instead, keep the peace. So, that's what I did. A lot of head nodding, grinning, and probably pause break to the bathroom or some other excuse to leave this person's presence. I see it like the Lord knew I wouldn't be able to keep my cool any longer. Hence the immediate leaving LOL.

Disunity runs rampant in the world today. Especially when it comes to church. Jesus Christ is the only way one can get into heaven. Do you guys believe that? I think you all should because It's the truth.

Folks, disunity has been damaging our church and our witness as Christians to the world. It's no wonder Jesus prayed for complete Unity. John 17:23. And the Apostle Paul was all about being perfectly United ( 1 Corinthians 1:10)

Unfortunately, disunity has been the curse of humankind., thanks a lot to Adam and Eve :(  But, we can rejoice because of Jesus and what he did for us. We can only pray to Jesus that we will one day see a lowering of denominational barriers and better Unity in the church.

John 17:23 New International Version (NIV)


23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

1 Corinthians 1:10New International Version (NIV))


10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a]in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Hosanna Integrity: One Voice



TBC..................

2 comments: