When someone says the word "swearing" one thinks of loyalty. Say that word after you say swearing and you'll know what I mean.
Really quick let me offer my thoughts on the first kind of swearing you were thinking about. You know, like the bad words. Yes, I do agree it's not to the Lord's liking. Yes, I do agree that swearing is bad. And, let's be honest with ourselves, when you or me or anyone else swears we are either going to be hurt or other people we are talking to will be hurt. I do remember God was all about encouraging one another and I don't think that comes out when a swear comes out. To reiterate nobody is perfect and yes I do swear. We may know it's not good but God is the only one that can change that about us. And that's all I will say about that. Now, on to my writing.
I just thought of something. Why is it, that right before they sit on the stand in a courtroom, people need to raise their right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And, then they actually end with so help me God. Do we really need to ask God for help with that and do you think God will help us with it? I do remember in his word he says let your yes be yes and your no be no and don't do any swearing on him or anything else. Please.
So, I wouldn't call that kind of swearing a sin. I would call it not listening to God and what it says in his word. It's definitely ruining your credibility. Maybe, it would be called the same. I have to think about that more LOL . I'm thinking a sense of doubt may also arise in the thinking of what God can really do. I am kind of thinking of a softer use of the word "betrayal!" That as an opposite of loyalty. And, if one is loyal that's a pretty good trait to have. I bet you would have more friends. Doesn't everyone like to have loyal friends?
I remember this guy I saw a few times and maybe you guys saw him too. He's pretty popular, talented and, most people find this man handsome at that. He may sound familiar to you guys. He goes by the name of Tom Cruise. At the time I saw him, not personally, people were calling him Jerry Maguire.
No, don't laugh now. This is going to be a very good example. :) Earlier, when I was contemplating writing about this subject I really wasn't too sure who I would use for an example. Thank you Lord for putting a name in my mind. Mr. McGuire is perfect!
For those of you who have not seen the movie Jerry Maguire yet, I highly suggest you watch it. I think it's on Netflix. I think it's in mail order. Anyways, I don't want to give too much of the plot of the movie or its climax, so I will end the writing here. I will let you guys in on a little secret. I will leave you with these words, "Ambassador Coin." Have a blessed Sunday!
Matthew 5: 34
New International Version
But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne;
Matthew 5:37 ESV
Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil
No comments:
Post a Comment