Friday, December 23, 2016

Where's the Joy?

It's Christmas time! That means, isn't it around the time when so much cheer should be spread around the world? I say this with sadness when instead of the sole focus being on Jesus Christ and his birth during Christmas, now most people would go by the reference of the holiday season. It is the time for gift giving, holiday feel good for the soul movies or sitcoms that would be aired on national TV, and perhaps productions of the Christmas story. I find it interesting that the Christmas story with the birth of Jesus Christ has, I don't know how you say it, but I mean like it's become a franchise in today's world. 

It really has become humongously popular, yet I will also say that the number of atheist people or just people who do not even believe in Jesus Christ is a humongous amount of people as well.  I have seen and noticed that the telling of the Christmas story has been tweaked or somewhat told with a few additions or subtraction from what God has told the genuine story to be that we all find in the Holy Bible.

The title of this writing today is Where is the Joy? If one decides to give their life to Jesus Christ, there is no doubt in my mind and there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind that they will be given joy. I think if we think otherwise, then we need to think of what our definition is of joy is.

Friends, in the beginning there was eternal Joy. Adam and Eve experienced it.  Then, Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. And because of that, sin came about. The Bible says that for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. God knew that we were all going to sin. Don't ask me to explain that because I'm no scholar. I do know that because of that sin God said that the wages of sin is death. I'm not just talking about like dying from this life, I'm talking about dying from this life and then experiencing the eternal death of hell.

I don't think anybody wants that. That is some really bad news. But, we need to be encouraged and take heart because there are some really good news. And, it also says in Bible for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. 

Do we honestly expect 24/7 Joy in our life once we accept to believe in Jesus Christ? I hope not because we will be very disappointed if that is our thinking. The Bible says that God's original plan was the whole joy thing but we all know what happened with that. So, now are we thinking, oh crap we have to now work our butts off to try to make our way to get to heaven? To that I say a big fat no! Friends listen to me, if we want to go to heaven Jesus Christ already paid the deadly price and paved the way for us. I'm not saying we need to just believe in Jesus and then forget about what obedience means to God. No, I'm saying we need to believe in Jesus and the faith that we have equals salvation in heaven, plus good works. God wants his children to have good works all the time. However, he knows that's not possible. That won't be possible until we are just like him.

I hope one is not thinking oh it's like a "get out of jail free card." Meaning, don't be thinking I'll just have to accept and believe in Jesus Christ, but it's okay I can still live a worldly life. He has forgiven me anyway. I hope I really hope that's not what you're thinking. God is so forgiving and merciful. There is no one, not you, not me, not the person next to you that deserves to go to heaven. That's why I am so thankful to my Lord Jesus Christ for all that he has done for me so that I can go to heaven! And, I know I will go to heaven and I'm assured that I will go to heaven after death and be with Jesus Christ forever!

Jesus Christ being born is the Christmas story. Yes. A man with no sin, Jesus Christ, suffered and died so that we could participate in the gift of life after death. That was a gift from God. Similar to any gift we are given, if we want it we have to take it and accept it. Sadly to say, there are some stubborn people out there who will not accept it. And, that's pretty scary because God says for those who won't accept the gift given to them, there will be serious consequences. Friends, I really hope that you are one that did accept the gift given to us by Jesus Christ. Deep thought out.

Romans 3:23 New International Version (NIV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:16 ESV

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment