I so appreciate you guys graciously accepting my cards. Not only am I a Multiple Sclerosis activist and an actress, but I'm a blogger and I write about my thoughts of different Bible passages and just thoughts about how I feel the Lord is speaking to my heart. So, I hope you guys read it and let it start your day with encouragement!
Now, time to dive in! Okay, being that it is the Christmas season I am thinking that myself along with others may be feeling pretty blessed. I realize that there may be some people out there that don't appear to other people as being blessed. I also realized that there may be people out there who don't feel blessed because horrible things are happening in their life.
Believe me, I probably feel the same way you sometimes feel. I don't get it. We probably will never get it until we, the Believers, see God. But I have to be content with what it is that I got! God has blessed us with other things to help us go through this life. Before I share my personal blessings for your encouragement, I want to leave you with this thought. Friends, have: you ever thought about it? Please come on and think about it. Maybe, it will make you smile. Do you want to smile? Perhaps after hearing what I'm going to share personally, it will make you smile and be encouraged!
Sam's Blessings
There are so many but I'm going to only share some of them:
- I am blessed to have insurance so that I can see one of the best doctors when it comes to treating my multiple sclerosis.
- I am blessed to be able to have other doctors. Doctors that treat my eyes, teeth, bladder, swallowing, etc.
- I am blessed when I go to Starbucks. Most times, they have my stuff ready like my water with no ice to drink with my medicines, a bag for my garbage so I do not have to get up. That would be dangerous and a challenge LOL. A plate is ready for my toaster scrambler. Or, yep my smart readers guessed it. Or, a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese. These people at Starbucks and even the fact that I can go Starbucks is a blessing.
- Okay, what was I saying? Oh yes my blessings. Wait a minute, right there I am blessed to meet wonderful nice people here at Starbucks when the knock is telling me to offer a card so they will be encouraged.
- I'm blessed because my husband surprised me and just left work for a little bit so he can help me move to my normal table here at Starbucks. When we got here a homeless person was sitting there. So, I had to sit at another table. Then when he left shortly after Joe left, I was trying to devise in my head a plan of how I would get to the table. I guess God didn't want me to do it myself. I did pray for help. And, I guess he spoke to Joe's heart because he came back here. Good thing it's still really early. I am blessed.
- I am blessed to have an awesome physical therapist. The story with Sarah was that I first started working with her when I was at RIC. Then, for some reason I left there. When I wanted to go back to see her she wasn't there anymore. So, for a few months, I began my journey of trying to look for her. After much searching the Lord finally led me to her. It turns out she and her friend started their own business. I was looking for a therapist. A therapist that would help me strengthen my legs, so I would be able to walk again. Sarah was a bladder therapist. So she helped me with that over there at RIC. Since, she wasn't the authority at RiC, her job was to follow the authority. When she left RIC to start her own business, she became the authority. So, I began to see her because she wasn't just limited to Bladder therapy. She was going to help me with strengthening my legs and hopefully I will be able to walk again. Or, if my physical nature doesn't improve totally, I still feel blessed that from the videos my husband takes, people who watch these videos become encouraged, well hopefully!
- I am blessed to have family and friends that totally care about my well being. And, I so appreciate all the love and the help you all give me when I need it. :)
- I am blessed to live in my condo where I was able to get the maintenance people in my building to install handlebars that I can grab onto that will keep me safer.
- I am blessed to have my husband workout every morning so he can have just enough strength to carry me when I am too weak to walk!
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
James 1:17 ESV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
2 Corinthians 9:8 ESV
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
Laura Story - Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment