Monday, January 9, 2017

Act Like A Kid

Do any one of you guys find your yourselves acting like one? Come on and be honest. I'm thinking if you already have children, then maybe you don't even have time to act like a kid. Your genuine kids are doing that job. Am i right?

Let's take myself for example. I don't have any kids Why? Well, I believe that's how the Lord wants it right now. Do I want kids? To that question I say if the Lord would want me and my husband to have kids, I believe that God will provide all the means necessary to bring up children. No woman can force themselves to get pregnant. When I had my whole losing a baby at 4 months incident, that was really unfortunate for me. But, over time, I've come to understand why it did happen.

The doctor who was treating me at the time, told me that if ever I was to become pregnant again he would make sure the bad incident I went through before would not be repeated.

Uhh. Um. Actually no, he can't make sure of that. He's not God. Don't get me wrong, because that was mighty nice of him to say. But, those were my thoughts.  I just said thank you to him because I didn't want to make things all complicated.

I think when you are in the kid age, you are perfectly entitled to act like a kid. When you become older and your kids now have their own kids and so on and so forth, you and your spouse are probably empty-nesters AKA you guys probably have the house to yourselves now.

My parents are well above the age for what they did this weekend with their other retired friends. They had a "pajama party." I think the last time I had a pajama party was before high school. I am thinking that God understands and wants us to have a little fun no matter what age we are. :) Isn't God just pretty awesome?

Personally, for me I know that there are times I still have those "kid qualities." And, it is not voluntary. Well, most of time, I mean. :) I kind of think I'm going to be an exception because I'm disabled. So, I don't doubt that when I am slowly and carefully trying to get my blueberries into my oatmeal, others will take notice. I'm pretty positive they will notice if I knock down my water because of my impulsive movements too. In my defense I will say that after being accustomed to doing normal everyday movements for like 20 years, it's quite difficult to remember that I need to slow simple movements down.

Anyway, back to God. I think when it comes to our relationship with God, we do need to act like a kid a little bit. Do you guys know what I mean? From birth growing up as a kid, there is a sense of dependency most of us will have. And, I think that dependency like we had when we were kids should be the kind of dependency we should have with God.

Fellow believers, we need to depend on God for everything. Be encouraged, and know that if he allows us to be down he will eventually get us back up.

Children's Worship Song - Awesome God

Matthew 18:3 ESV


And said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 ESV

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment