Sunday, January 8, 2017

God Doesn't Want You To Do That!

What is going on in that girl's mind today is what the title of this writing may have you thinking. I don't doubt it is an attention getter. You readers may either just read up to find out what exactly is my title talking about, which is fine, or maybe you're a devoted reader and will end up reading the whole writing. And, that would be awesome!

I don't think I do that. Well, maybe sometimes, but not much. My husband, Joe, I know does exactly what I'm talking about a lot. Some people struggle with what I'm talking about due to lack of enough humility or maybe you just have so much pride.

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. let me elaborate on what I mean. What is it exactly that God does not want us to do? I know because he said in his word he does not want us to carry all the burdens that life has to offer us, all by ourselves.

Now, is that starting to make a little sense? I know there are some people out there, and I used to be one of them, that would put all their anxiety, worries, frustrations, and all the above when it came to the heavy burdens, all on their own plate.

Friends, let me tell you something. Jesus Christ died for us. Do you believe that? That means that when he died he took all of our burdens with him on the cross! Not only that, but he says ample times in his word, not to do that! Because he cares for you, he wants you to go to him if you feel tired of carrying heavy loads.  He wants us to go to him and he will give us REST!

Folks, that right there should comfort you and me! If you are like one who carries too much or all of the load, then I say stop doing that! Please stop. You will just end up disappointed which leads to feelings of frustration, and perhaps aggravated feelings. And, then birth is given to the evil one's goal for all of God's kids. And, that is a mean, bitter and angry spirit.  There is no doubt in my mind he wants us to put forth and express horrible feelings to other people. God wants us to show love. The evil one does not want that. Please remember to stop it before it starts to get worse. And, the way you do that is by not carrying any burden on ourselves. Will you do that?
Finding Favour - Cast My Cares

Psalm 55:22 ESV

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment