Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Lord is Near

The Lord is near to all who call on him.  - Psalm 145:18

Good evening Deep Thoughts readers. Sorry for a late post. I fell asleep when I was about to write this morning and woke up at 9. Wow, guess God thought I needed more sleep. I just returned home a few hours ago from the first lunch of the new year with Ma and Pa V. I didn't think I was going to write but then I did. Not bad only took a half hour :-) The editing is a different story.

That really does help. Oh, wait I'm sorry you probably don't know what I'm talking about. I mean it helps me personally and is comforting in a way to know that my God is near. I know right? It does kind of Boggle your mind. That, someone who was alive and then died and now is alive again can be near to any one of us.

It may be a tripped out thought. However it is very true for the believer. Those of you who are pretty devoted readers of my blog, have probably seen in a couple of my writings that I am an early riser. Remember, 10 years of waking up at 3 a.m. Well, aside from the guard watching over the front door downstairs, I don't really have anyone to talk to when I wake up. Most people are sleeping. As they should be, because that is the normal thing to do.

Another thing I'm sure you readers noticed to, was that I am disabled. So, I'm thinking that others who may be in my physical state would probably have a live-in caretaker by now. You know, someone who would get paid the big bucks to keep someone safe.

Now, let's see into the life of Sam. Well, first of all like I said I am disabled. However early in the morning is when I seriously have the energy and almost the same exact strength I had even before having multiple sclerosis. So, I choose to do most of the important things at that time. Like I said before an alarm doesn't wake me up.

Please don't misunderstand. I believe that God chose the lifestyle he wanted for me because he truly knows what is best for me. If someone doesn't think they need to wake up early to spend time with God, then you can just sleep in! Maybe that lifestyle is not what was meant for you. However, I do know that you still need to set some alone time to spend with God. Only your heart will tell you when that time is.

I am not saying I'm not going to struggle or have a hard time doing things. However, I believe my faith is pretty strong and a spiritual inventory test that I took also gave me Faith as my number one strength. :) When I seriously clear my mind and meditate on all of the Lord's promises that helps.

One thing that I'm thinking about right now is his words to us about being near. Isn't that cool? That means when there's no one around that I can talk to, have no fear Jesus is here!

Kari Jobe: I Am Not Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment