I remember in the early dating years with my husband, our idea of spending differed. I remember being brought up and going for the goal of comfort. My husband, on the other hand did not care too much about price but more style. I wasn't always a fashionista. Let me tell you more of what I mean.
I remember in my college years I really did not care about my attire. Sometimes I would leave my dorm in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and my glasses with no makeup on. I remember when we would go shopping back then, even though it was more expensive, Joe would tell me to get it because it was more stylish. I really didn't think about it or care too much I just wanted to save money. But, to Joe I should be thankful to him because really he just wanted what was best for me
That kind of reminds me of God because he wants the best for all of us. This morning, I really wasn't feeling well. I was probably experiencing the side effects of my shot which I had last night. And those side effects are flu like symptoms. So, it's a gamble every other day whether or not I feel them or not. I just never know how intense the sick feeling will feel or the time frame because sometimes that's in the beginning of the day or sometimes in the beginning of the day I'm fine but then I will get hit with the side effect in the late afternoon. It sucks but what are you going to do? :( Anyway, so I felt that this morning.
Then, I prayed and prayed for God to make me feel better. I asked him to make me feel better, but then I stopped and thought only if it is his will. So, I told him that. Now, about for 4 or 5 hours later, I do feel a little better. Not enough to go out and not enough to go out to Starbucks, like I usually do. (Hi to my Starbucks friends who might be reading this :-)
Anyway, I know it is God only wanting the best for us. And, the best for me today was to stay home with my husband. Have a happy Friday and stay warm! Please remember that God only wants the best for his children. So we just gotta keep trusting in Him!!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
Psalm 37:4-6 ESV
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
Romans 8:28 ESV
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Lauren Daigle - Trust In You
No comments:
Post a Comment