Do you believe that there's someone watching you? I mean, when you do something good or bad, someone other than yourself actually saw that praiseworthy duty or boo-boo you just made. It's true. Friends, you gotta believe that.
When Adam and Eve were in God's beautiful garden, they made the biggest mistake of their lifetime. Actually, their mistake affected the whole human race. Right? And, I find it really interesting that Adam, the one who really messed up, did not really own up to what he did. You know what I mean? He was the one who took the bite out of the Apple. Nobody forced his mouth on the Apple. Let me share some more thoughts of what I mean.
When God said, "Did you just take a bite of the Apple from the Tree of knowledge of good and evil, when I told you not to do that? Adam replied with basically saying it was God's fault because due to the woman that God put there, she made him do it. Then the blame doesn't stop there because Eve said the serpent deceived her.
God saw all that they did and began his questioning with the question, "Where are you?" Adam was the first to answer but he was naked so he hid from God. Adam was ashamed because he was naked. He decided to hide from God. That makes perfect sense, right? Well, I think we all know what the end results and that's all I will say about that.
Let's fast forward to many, many, many years later to current times and try to learn from that. I do exactly what Adam did. You probably do as well. We need to own up to our mistake to others and especially to God. Maybe, others did not see the whole picture but God sees everything. I know when I do that and start the blame game and don't fess up to my own mistake it just ends up bad. It ends up with angry people all around. So my advice is own up to your mistakes you have committed and don't blame others for your own mistakes. Maybe it will help if you think about God and then looking around and saying where are you? I'm thinking well God knows exactly where you are. However he wants us to tell him the truth of where we are.
Genesis 3:9 New International Version (NIV)
9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
For the Full Story, go Here.
No comments:
Post a Comment