Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Excuse Me, Do You Need Help With That?

Before I start my writing, I want to give a shout out to Larry, a very nice gentleman I spoke with and gave my card to.  I guess he saw that I was having trouble putting away my stuff. He asked if I needed help . No surprise he said he has seen me in here at Starbucks for like a hundred years lol. I'm glad he talked to me because considering the weirdness of my eyes I don't really see clearly. So, I love it. So, I actually love it when they stop and talk to me. Sometimes I just feel like I look like this just not ignoring people because I can't really see clearly. I blame it on my crazy eyes!

I'm thinking that not only him but other people here at Starbucks notice me, especially when I look like I'm having trouble with the littlest of things. Not only was the topic about my much seen appearance at Starbucks for years but, we also had something in common. His mother was also diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. So, he wasn't surprised how much it really does stink. Having a mother also going through this disease, I'm sure it doesn't make him clueless as to how really bad it is.

I'm sure there are people here who will see me or hear me asking the Lord for help out loud. Right now, because I can't lift my left leg.  Well, at least I can lift my right leg with no problem. So, I was able to cross them. :)

Anyway, I hope you, Larry, would please forward this information to your mother, as well. I do hope and pray that you guys AKA all the Deep Thoughts readers are, encouraged by my readings.and thank God for providing me help if he thinks we need it. Case in point, what happened earlier with my friend Larry :-)

I know I can be stubborn sometimes, and God apparently knows that too. I'm guessing that is a good thing sometimes, maybe? I'm stubborn and I keep trying to do something until I may get hurt. Now, I am trying to listen to the Holy Spirit when it is telling me to stop and to ask for help. Are you guys like that too? We should stop and swallow our pride and ask for help. The person who is willing to help you was provided by God probably, right? I repeat, ask for help before you really hurt yourself. THAT, especially goes out to MYSELF.

Would you consider yourself prideful? I mean overly prideful? For the next sentence, I'm going to go right out and say that's not good.  Friends, if you've totally lost control over your own pride, you can get into some serious trouble. And, I truly believe that it is our own flesh wanting to take control. If you are overly prideful, you won't ask for help. If you are overly prideful you may get seriously hurt or maybe worse. If you are overly prideful, you may be missing out on a chance for someone else to pray for you and perhaps become encouraged. I can go on and tell you more about what happens if you are overly prideful. But, I want you guys to use your own imagination. For me, I'm just going to concentrate on those things I mentioned.

Time to dive in. Okay the first thing I said was if you are overly prideful, you won't ask for help Ain't that the truth? I know I have seen it from other people. Anyway I've seen it from myself. It's that stinking pride! Friends, if you need help and there are people around you I believe that the Lord will speak to their hearts and provide you with help! If you don't accept the help or ask for help, I kind of feel like you're saying to God thank you anyway but I can get myself out of and clean my own mess myself. Thanks God but no thank you. Hmmmm..... I don't think that's good thinking. What do you think?

Beatles - Help


John 14:13-14 ESV

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Psalm 121:2 ESV

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Philippians 4:13 ESV

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment