After my typical prayer of what I should write about, I felt like writing about this one topic. Then a few seconds later, I felt like the Lord wanted me to write about something else and put another topic that would be more suitable since it is the beginning of the year. Then, I felt my heart tell me to combine both topics in one writing. ??? Then I was assured that God would help me make sense of it. Well then, I can't help but be a little excited!
OK, I'm thinking that there may be some of you out there that like to make those things that we call New Year's resolutions. I know I do them too. I believe before the clock struck midnight last night I already had some thoughts, or I mean resolutions in mind. I also know that some of these resolutions I made were similar to last year's resolutions. And unfortunately I don't think I completed those in its entirety. Or, perhaps the behavior I wanted changed did not keep up to par.
What about God? I mean, maybe this is the year for you or me to make some resolutions that would help us grow closer with our relationship with God. I don't know maybe it's time to start the One Year Bible plan? Maybe January 1st is the day you told them that you would start going to church more? Or, maybe you tell yourself you're going to start reading my blog more ? I have no idea what God may be putting in your heart. EH? Sorry I'm just being silly and throwing a little promo. But, I think you guys know what I'm saying.
This is a new year. What do you think God is wanting you to do for him this year? I am thinking he definitely has a plan in his mind. And, he may choose to give you clues and speak to your heart.... But, I do know one thing.
Our God will not force his way into your lives. If you don't want to believe in him then that is your decision. Dad is not going to make you believe. I'm not saying that means you are automatically permitted to go to heaven because well you may not believe but your family believes or your close friends who are praying for you they believe.
That doesn't mean anything concerning your own life. Praying for you that you do believe is all they can do. Friends, every one of us here on earth is offered forgiveness, eternal life with Jesus Christ, and forgiveness of our sins. Doesn't that sound pretty awesome?
I think so. And I,hope you think so. Now, here's the thing all of those awesome things are truly a gift or a present. No, more like God's presence that is given as a gift to us. Yeah, that's more like it. So, usually when one is being offered a gift in order for that person to be able to say they have possession over that gift, what do they have to do?
I will tell you. They have to take it. They have to grab it. They have to accept it. Have you accepted the gift. Have you allowed the presence of Jesus Christ to be in your life? Maybe, January 1st, 2017 will be the day you can say you accepted Jesus as your gift!
Wow, he did say he was going to combine the two topics. And, that is exactly what he helped me do. Thank you Lord. I continue and pray for all of you readers. Have an awesome first day of the year and then some! :)
1 John 5: 11-12
And, this is the testimony, God has given us eternal life, in this life is in his son. He who has the son has life and he would just not have the son does not have life.
Hillsong- Jesus What A Beautiful Name
No comments:
Post a Comment