Saturday, February 16, 2019

Power Series Part 78: Power Of Telling

Play for the Audio Version

There was one time I heard a strange story about someone. I've never even seen or talked to the person before. I just heard the story from someone else. And, apparently it was pretty mind-blowing on my end. This story has to do with someone dying. The spouse of another spouse died in their home. I do not know specifics nor can I elaborate on the 5 W's- Newsroom term.  ( Who, What, When, Where, Why). Anyway, so, I assume of course the death was sad.

What the other living spouse decided to do will get your mind thinking. I know it did for me. I was thinking, "why oh my word, why?"

The living spouse wanted to keep the death a secret. Yep, didn't even want to tell the family. To this day I really have no idea if the family knows. Nor, am I going to bring the subject up again with the person that told me this. That conversation is out the window, so to speak.

That did make me think of this. Someone else died before. Thousands of years ago, a man named Jesus Christ. I don't think we should mimic that person's example of hiding that death. Unlike her, we actually have the chance to elaborate more on the gospel story. Just like the deceased person's spouse, we all have the choice whether we want to expose and speak about the death or keep it hidden. 

To reiterate, fellow Christians we know of The Greatest Story Ever Told. And the Lord says he would like us to go out into the and tell everyone about him,  about what he can do for us, and about what is in store for our future. If we choose to accept or reject Jesus Christ....

Matthew 28:18‭-‬20 NIV

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

TBC...............


Avalon: Greatest Story Ever Told



Britt Nicole: The Lost Get Found


No comments:

Post a Comment