Thursday, March 7, 2019

Power Series Part 96: Power of His Blood

Play for the Audio Version

Good morning everybody! Want to know how I got the title for the reading this morning? Let me tell you.  So, I don't know why but on the car ride on the way to Starbucks yesterday, I just thought of listening to the song "Why" by Nichole Nordeman. So, I played the song on YouTube on my phone. I told my Google Assistant to turn on my Bluetooth. And, as soon as the song comes on Joe says this. " Oh, because it's Lent!" I just had a small grin on my face. If you choose to listen to this song oh, you'll get what I'm saying once you hear the last few lines in the song.

Yes, I know that I've mentioned before I usually have a list of prepared topics if I don't know what to write about in the morning one day. But, pretty cool how the Lord told my heart to write about my title this morning

First, I thought I was going to give a shout out to someone because this gentleman sitting behind me picked up my sunglasses that fell on the floor and after I said thanks I gave him my card. He accepted my card but he did not want to give his name. Thank you for picking up my sunglasses on the floor. Nameless, I pray you will be encouraged by my writings. Have a great day! Time for Sam's deep thoughts!

For us Christians, it is a pretty blatant, obvious, and kind of a very sad remembrance that leaves me very thankful. I am talking about the blood Jesus Christ shed for you, me, and all humankind. The power in his blood destroys all of the lies. Humans, remember he could be your friend! He just would like us to accept his gift of salvation. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that he shed His blood, suffered and died on the cross for you.

The anniversary of the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is right around the corner. If you are someone who has not yet believed and embraced Christ as your personal Lord and savior... Or, has not yet accepted his gift of forgiveness, and are assured of your salvation and eternity in heaven,? Then folks, what are you waiting for?

Hasn't the recent deaths of pretty well-known people been somewhat of an eye-opener to you? Life on this Earth is so temporary friends. Are you ready for what is to come after you leave? I hope so. You guys should also hope so.

TBC......


1 John 5 11-12

And this is the testimony God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his son. He who has the son has life, he who does not have the son of a god does not have life

John 5:24


Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Romans 10:9 ESV

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:36 ESV 

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 8:24 ESV 

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”


Nichole Nordeman: Why

2 comments:

  1. Yup,me too. Definitely a tear jerker. Especially with Passion of Christ footage. :( :) :(

    ReplyDelete