Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Power Series Part 95: Power Of Friends

Play for the Audio Version

Let me start with something. When I was in my teen years, maybe 15 or 16 I hung out with a group of friends that I know I shouldn't have been hanging out I was stubborn and I kept doing what I wanted to do. Ànd, that was to hang out with them.

Then, I'm thinking the Lord said that was that. He was going to step in and do something. And, that's just what he did. He did something that totally woke me up. I'm not going to go into specifics. But all I will say is the police were involved. So yes that woke me up.

Oh no, sweet an innocent was not always who Sam was. The Lord was speaking to me and I was being disobedient. I do think the Lord for allowing something to happen that would wake me up.

Folks, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say there is power in Friends. Please ask yourself, are the friends that I hang around with being good influences to me? Or, are they putting forth negative power in my life? And are they making me do stuff I shouldn't be doing?

Those are the questions we should ask ourselves. I think I did before I just didn't obey the answers to those questions.

Because of that little incident, more like life-changing incident, I remember my aunt lead me to Jesus Christ. She sounded bringing me to church and, there is where I begin hanging out with another group of friends. This time, I knew they were pretty good influences on me oh, and they weren't making me do stuff I didn't want to do.

Dear friends the people you hang around with have power over your life. Maybe you don't realize it. Maybe you do realize it, but you're too stubborn to do the right thing How about peer pressure? What is that like? Are they pressuring you to do good things or bad things? Maybe you can't do anything about it is what you think?

Take it from me please ask yourself if you have to do some cleaning up of your friends list. It may be difficult, but I promise in the long run and as time goes as it will get a lot better.

Please don't think you cannot do anything about it. There is something you can do about it. You can do what I did, which was turned to Jesus. You guys can do that too. God knows if you need to be hanging out with the new group of friends. And, if you do he will provide. He did for me! I believe he will do the same for you!

TBC........

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friend

1 Corinthians 15:33 

Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

Hebrews 10:24-25
 
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.


Israel Houghton: Friend of God

No comments:

Post a Comment