Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Power Series Part 94: Power of Giving

Play for the Audio Version

Now, I know why God wanted me to sit at the meeting table (yesterday). I met some pretty rad people. 1 person I have met once before and the new people I met that day. Let me first begin with shout outs!

First of all, let me give a repeated shout out to Mark! I really appreciate you for coming by me just to say hi! Remember that people who I have given cards to before. The more you come by and say hi to me, then the more I will remember your name! I'm not really good with my eyes anymore, so definitely come right next to me like you did on the day when I gave cards. Thank you, Mark, for getting another card for your friend Rich. Rich, hi, I pray that you will be encouraged by the writings. Mark, I am so happy you are enjoying my writings! Keep it going, my friend! :-)

Shout out to Bennett! This nice gentleman I met yesterday morning who put my charger cord in my phone and then in the charger piece! Thank you so much. I pray you will be encouraged by the writings! Have a wonderful day!

Shout out to Lindsay! Thank you, girl, for getting me a straw. Both big and small! I pray you will be encouraged by my readings and have a wonderful day!

And, I want to give a shout out to Katie. Thank you for turning off the light on my mirror. I pray you will be blessed by the writings! Enjoy the day! There was this other lady I wanted to give a shout out to but she didn't want to accept the card. Thank you for opening my morning treat fiber one bar lemon flavor yum. That's what I would say if she saw this. Quite sad, because everyone needs encouragement. Oh well. I guess I will just have to give a humongous thank you to my husband, for buying me this yummy treat! I hope everyone will enjoy this very cold day! Stay warm everyone! Time to offer Samantha's deep thoughts on the subject of giving.


If you go to church, do you give money in the offering plate when the offering plate comes around? Or, are you like people of today's time like me and my husband, where we, days before the service just electronically submit our giving to our church. If so how much do you give? Oh really how often? No, don't tell me that's just a rhetorical. What am I saying? It's not like you can tell me. Some of you might live in Zimbabwe or something. I actually have seen that I have a pretty large audience in Germany. Perhaps one day I will meet with a germanian. Is that what you call people from Germany? Anyway.

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah! The power of giving. Do you guys know what the Bible says about that? The Lord does have something to say about tithing. Let me paraphrase what I think we can get from what he said. The obligation of a Christian is to give back 10% of our earnings to the Lord. And, he wants us to do it with a cheerful heart.

I know right! That's exactly what I was thinking too. What if we don't have 10% to give? I think the Lord knows our heart. And, if you don't have exactly 10% to give, then give whatever you can. The Lord knows your heart. Just give whatever you can with a cheerful heart.

Pause break! Thank you so much to Rachel, a new Starbucks worker that brought me a nice venti cup of hot water! I hope and pray you girl will be encouraged by my readings.
When it comes to tithing, be mindful who you are giving back to. Are you someone that is working a nine-to-five job and has been there for years? How do you think you got the job? Who do you think was in charge of you keeping that job for as long as you have been there?

On the flip side are you someone who is not working a nine 2 5 type of job? Are you someone who really has no way of getting any income? If that sounds more like you, then have you thought about maybe giving your tithes and offerings to God by way of service to him? Utilizing what he has blessed you with for him and to draw people closer to him. I'm thinking that is also an awesome way of giving back to God.

See folks church giving doesn't always have to be about a financial thing! That deep thought should put a smile on people's faces. Perhaps some people aren't exactly rolling in dough. Are you smiling? :)
Mark 12:41-44 New International Version (NIV)The Widow’s Offering
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. 43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”
TBC.........

Matthew West: Do Something

2 comments:

  1. lol Germanians... Germans babe! Good Writing, as always.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks oh that makes sense Germans. Listen to this I just got an email from one of the missionaries and do you know that they call people from New guinea guineans?

    ReplyDelete