Monday, March 4, 2019

Power Series Part 93: Power of Children

Play for the Audio Version

Shout out to Bennett. Thank you for putting my cord in my phone and my charger. Play you've encouraged by the reading have a wonderful day!

Well, this is a precious subject that really affected my lîfe both joyously, dramatically and in the end, turned out quite sadly. If you guys have been devoted readers of my blog then I'm sure you CC even read my past rather traumatic experiences with trying to have children.


Having children is truly a gift from God. God has appointed some women to be mothers. Some not to be. Women remember that. If you turn out to be barren, it's not your fault. There is nothing you can do about it. You cannot force pregnancy in oneself. One may actually be meant to be a mother and actually have their own child. One may be like that of a spiritual mother to someone who doesn't have an actual mother. One may be meant 2 be like a family friend type of mother. I guess the differences can vary.

Children are so cute! Think about it, especially when you see a child or hear a child praying. What comes to mind is when my little cousin Stacey was still a small child. She's now way older  now. I remember 1 time before a meal it was so cute she folded her hands, bowed down her head and said a prayer before we ate. What also comes to mind is my cousin-in-laws son Jayson. He also said a little prayer and it was adorable!

What comes to mind is the story of Ruth. Ruth's husband died. And, her mother-in-law Naomi took care of her like her own daughter.

If people don't know God, I believe this. There's power in little children's testimony. Their little spark and cute smiles is what can catch the attraction of those who are lost.

Mary had to deal with a pretty powerful child in Jesus. Don't you think? I think so.
Proverbs 22:6 ESV

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 6:4 ESV

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Psalm 127:3-5 ESV

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3 ESV

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward



TBC...

2 comments:

  1. I think Stacey is older than 18... she graduated college already right?

    ReplyDelete