Monday, November 15, 2021

I Need Help

Play for Audio Version

It's really unfortunate. Well, of course, I'm sure it is very unfortunate for a lot of people. I'm thinking it's unfortunate because of the pandemic. I just thought of something. Before this pandemic? Did anyone ever really say the word pandemic? More like did anyone ever know or hear about the word?

People who used to have 9-5 workdays? And, used to go to their office? They are now having ?-? workdays. People are probably working from the comfort of their own home.

Oh yeah at 1st listen? That sounds amazing! That sure does sound beyond comfortable!! However, ask anyone because within time it gets boring. You will get bored.

Basically, not doing their normal or daily duties. I am specifically thinking about one thing that I used to do. I am sure some of you guys remember this.

You may remember that I no longer work a daily job in the office. I was laid off from my job 2008. Remember
I often call myself an early retiree?

Well, I'm thinking specifically it is very unfortunate for me. Remember I used to go to Starbucks in the downtown area? There was where I worked for God. Sharing cards with my blogu it 1 writings, YouTube video links, etc. And, just sharing the glory of Jesus by a smile, small talk, or by saying good morning or have a nice day!

I remember just by taking the time to say a nice word to someone or smiling at someone who looks down? Giving a smile to someone who looks pretty sad can totally turn that from frown upside down. Try it!

What comes to mind are the many times I was given help there. Help from workers, customers, bums. (be very careful if dealing with bums.) I think in those cases just smile. Or buy them a cup of coffee. Then just say have a nice day. Then part ways. Probably just keep walking away from the bum.

For me specifically? Usually, I often needed help because maybe I dropped my makeup. Or, I needed help getting me a straw or putting the straw in my coffee. Even putting my charger back in my cell phone.

Often I needed help picking up the cover of my eyeliner. Opening my powder or my blush. I often would try to do it myself. 1st usually by using my teeth. However, there were just some times I was just having a bad day.

The muscles weren't working right. Remember my muscles have a mind of their own. That is why it is so important for my brain to tell those muscles off and guide them to go in the right direction!

Unfortunately, because of my MS, signals from the brain are not getting to my muscles. Well, at least not on time.
An example is this. My brain would be telling my leg muscles to move.

However, the signal is distorted, delayed, or maybe just doesn't work at all. So, what ends up happening? I would fall. Or, if it doesn't work at all? I can't walk.

Anyway, I remember there was this one time I really needed help with something. We had just gotten to Starbucks. So, it had to be a little after 5:30 AM. Joe was walking to work.

I was getting ready to read my daily devotion. When all of a sudden this happened. I don't even remember how it happened.
But, I guess I had moved a certain way. And, before I knew it my shoe came off!

I don't wear socks and I was just wearing these cute little flats. I am sitting in my wheelchair so I had no idea where my shoe went.

So, as soon as I lifted my head up? I saw a man open the door and come into Starbucks. He looked nice I guess. Lol I don't know I wasn't even thinking. I just called out for him and said excuse me can you help me? He came over by me and I said my shoe came offI know right? You would probably expect the other party to be like and?

However, not this guy. As soon as I said I don't know where it went. He found it right away. Then, without even saying anything this happened.

I felt like Cinderella or something lol. He put my shoe on. Thank God for probably putting in his heart that I wouldn't be able to put my shoe on by myself.

That was awesome. It's a very memorable and unforgettable act of kindness. Well, when he was done I said thank you so much. I gave him a card so that he would be encouraged by the readings on my blog.

I wonder if he kept my card and is maybe reading this right now? Either way, it was so long ago. I guess the Lord wanted me to remember that story so I can include it in today's wring! Hope you all were encouraged!

Philippians 2:4

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Hebrews 13:16

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Zach Williams: Heaven Help Me




No comments:

Post a Comment