Monday, February 14, 2022

News To Me ( Don't Fear )

Play For The Audio Version


Before I start my writing,  Let me 1st give a shout out to Pauline, Anne, my doctor's wife Audrey, and Jocelyn-s friend. I hope you all have a wonderful day!  Thank you guys for accepting my card .Before and lately as well!
It was news to me. Seriously, I had no idea. Deep Thought never crossed my mind. 

What on Earth is Sam talking about? I'm talking about this thing I just discovered after reading a devotional from my Daily Bread a couple of months ago. I had no idea that Charlie Brown, the popular comic strip was such a promoter of Jesus! " Linus from the Peanuts comic strip, is best known for his blue security blanket. He carries it everywhere and isn’t embarrassed at needing it for comfort. His sister Lucy especially dislikes the blanket and often tries to get rid of it. She buries it, makes it into a kite, and uses it for a science fair project. Linus too knows he should be less dependent on his blanket and lets it go from time to time, always to take it back. 

In the movie A Charlie Brown Christmas, when a frustrated Charlie Brown asks, “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?” Linus, with his security blanket in hand, steps center stage and quotes Luke 2:8–14. In the middle of his recitation, as he says, “ Fear not,” he drops his blanket—the thing he clung to when afraid. What is it about Christmas that reminds us we don’t need to fear? 

The angels that appeared to the shepherds said, “Do not be afraid . . . a Savior has been born to you” (Luke 2:10–11). Jesus is “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). We have His very presence through His Holy Spirit, the true Comforter (John 14:16), so we don’t need to fear. We can let go of our “security blankets” and trust in Him." Linus and his security blanket A Charlie Brown Christmas- Our Daily Bread Ann Cetas December 20, 2021

Now, to reiterate I had no idea of this newfound discovery. How encouraging! I hope it is for you guys as well.
Makes me think back to when I was a little girl. Remember I always say that it's not that I have a good memory. I just feel like the Lord makes me remember things especially when it's relevant to my writing. Like my memory for today. 

Similar to Linus I too had some form of security. However, it was not a blue blanket. It was a white Teddy bear. His name was Pootee! That is PUTI in the philippine language. If you want to hear the correct pronunciation I suggest doing what I did. I asked my Google assistant on my phone how to spell the word for white in the Philippine language. 

Of course, if you don't have Alexa or Siri you can probably ask another AI. Or, ask your parents if they can check it out in an encyclopedia. Those were books we used to get... You know what? Never mind just Google it! 

Anyway, like I was saying the fact that Linus was bringing up scripture? And, talking about not needing to fear and just putting your trust in Jesus!? That was pleasantly surprising to me. Good news has to be heard by all!

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand 

 Joshua 1:9

 For God
 gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 

Psalm 34:4 

I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Chris Tomlin - Fear Not

No comments:

Post a Comment