Sunday, December 18, 2016

Adore... Everyone Worships....

Now , that is a true statement. Am I right? What? Now, please notice I didn't say what or how they worship. Nope, but I just believe that we do. Really, any time they choose. But, for this writing I'm going to focus on the time being around the Christmas holiday.

Adoration and respect go with the word worship.  Do you agree? What are your thoughts?  Like I said, there has to be something around you and me that we worship. And, it probably will not be God. I'm thinking that, well, we all should be worshiping God.  However, that is just not going to be the case with everyone.

I do, however, believe that everyone will worship at Christmas time.  Christians will worship probably God.  Atheists will worship I have no idea what, but it's not God.  Republican will worship again no idea.  Democrats will worship... Skeptics will worship..., and I think you get my point.

Now let's take myself for an example. Well, I am a Christian. I really hope you guys knew that. So, most of my worship will go to Jesus Christ. I know that all of my worship should go to him but I also know that it doesn't. :(

I know right? It's kind of sad but that's just the way it is. All I can say is that I am a work in progress on the road to perfection.  Remember those two particular words I said earlier to define worship? Well, let's revisit those two words. They are adoration and respect.

Now, that makes perfect sense! When I choose to worship God, I am totally adoring him. And, well I know he adores me too!  And, similar to adoring him, I sure as heck try to respect him,   Us weekly churchgoers, isn't that respect when we go to a place we give the whole hour or hour and a half to worshiping him? That is a time when he has our full undivided attention. Right? Well....

I choose not to go further with that statement. You guys fill in the blank. Let me leave you something to ponder about. If you are a church-goer then good for you.  I'm hoping you at least set aside an hour or more with God.   If you are not a churchgoer, that's okay maybe you have your own alone time with God that fits your schedule. Now the more important question is whether you are a churchgoer or not a churchgoer, do you think that the time you have set to spend alone with God is enough time? I personally don't think it's enough. The truth is he deserves every waking moment of my life. However, he knows that's not possible. Or, is it? Maybe it's time to make some compromises.

Jaci Velasquez - Adore

John 4:24 ESV

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 95:6 ESV

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!

Romans 12:1 ESV

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment