Saturday, December 17, 2016

Lost This Christmas

Happy early Saturday morning Deep Thoughts readers!  Good thing I got up earlier today, because we have a 9:15 showing of Star Wars.  So, the plan is I have about half hour to an hour to work on this. Then, I got to work on myself finish getting ready. Probably eat breakfast and leave. So,  let's go! 


Okay, I may have shared this story before so pardon the repeat if I did. The story dates a pretty long time ago.  I honestly love hearing the story. Seriously, I just gave out a little chuckle just thinking about it. And, yes you guessed it, it's about my husband. 

This was in the Philippines. When Joe was 8 years old, his Aunt took him to tag along shopping at SM. ( Shoe Matt,  one of the biggest shopping malls in the Philippines. 

I'm not quite exactly sure of what happened specifically.  And,  I won't push it and ask Joe because he deserves a little bit more sleep.  :) All I remember from this story that he told me was that basically he got lost from his aunt. His aunt was so worried.  Joe is not your typical 8 year old boy. He looked left.  He looked right and shrugged his shoulders.  He bought what he wanted to buy and then decided to walk home.

Can you imagine how worried his family was and this little boy just crossed the busiest Highway in the Philippines and went home. I told him he's not your typical 8 year old boy. We're talking about a boy that would wake up in the middle of the night to use the toilet when he could have went in his diapers. I'll save that example for another writing.

Nowadays, the Christmas story is maybe about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, or Scrooge or some story about Santa Claus. We need to refocus our minds because the Christmas story is about the birth of Jesus Christ! 

Anyway, I wanted to share this story because don't we all kind of just get lost? Especially, during the holiday of Christmas. Seriously, I am thinking maybe our focus is more on getting the presents,  giving the presents buying the presents. Rather than focusing on the presence of God. We need to be focusing on what Christmas is all about and Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ is the savior of the world!!!! 

Unlike little Joe losing his aunt in the mall, or any of us losing sight of God, we can be encouraged and happy because God will never lose sight of us

Not bad 49 minutes! The fact that I can use my voice to do this writing helps tremendously!  Unless this types out the whole word of a punctuation. For example if I say , the word ( exclamation point)  and it does just that when I want to put the punctuation! Anyway,  have a great day! 

I think the point of my writing today is to ask ourselves are our hearts really home with the Lord this Christmas? 


No comments:

Post a Comment