All about Acceptance
Before I start my writing I wanted to say hi to Lindsay and Britney. Lindsey thank you for getting me this straw. I'm praying that my readings will be encouraging for the both of you. Have a blessed weekend!
Happy FRIDAY! Well, I'm back on my normal writing schedule: early in the morning here at Starbucks. I actually was thinking about sitting somewhere else today, you know, just trying to avoid the cold. I almost did but I didn't because it felt weird. Hopefully, the door won't stay open like it was doing in the beginning of the week. Let's dive in!!!
Today I am going to focus on accepting differences. I wasn't initially going to write about this topic. I was going to write about something else. However, for some reason, my mind was blanking out! Seriously, I couldn't even formulate a sentence. Well, now I know why because GOD had another topic in mind he wanted me to write about. I'm almost positive there's someone out there right now who needs to be reminded and maybe even needs some help with accepting differences. Or, maybe I, myself need to hear my own advice? Who knows right? The reason being is probably due to both reasons.
I'm going to let you guys fill in the blanks when it comes to who's difference you have to accept. I mean I don't know who's it could be. It could be your spouse's, parent's, immediate family member's, distant family member's, boss', etc. See what I mean? It could be anyone.
Personally, for the sake of putting some bulk into my morning writing I'm going to write about accepting differences in my husband. You know, in our nightly devotion a couple days ago, Joe and I had a topic pertaining to this subject. Joe and I discovered something about ourselves, and how we are to each other. We found out we don't really have many similarities. We do have a few but not really.
Before we got married, Joe and I were dating for years. A lot of our similarities stuck out. That's probably what attracted us to one another. In married life, our differences became noticeably noticeable. Red flags were coming up. I think you got my point.
I know right!? Don't we hear that saying all the time of opposites attracting? Well? Well? I'm thinking opposites may very well still attract each other. I definitely agree that it is good that my husband and me complement each other because we are opposites. The Opposites about each other are still there. They will not go away anytime soon. So, what we have to do is learn how to embrace the opposites.
Believe you me, I know, that is very difficult. I know that can be very frustrating. Bottom line is that's hard to do. And the, the bottom line after that is we have to learn how to embrace their absence. Ask God to help with that.
Basically friends, the idea is not to try to fix the person, and try to rearrange or remove their differences. That is not your job. God will take care of that. God will take care of that if it is his will. Remember everyone is different and that's okay.
Romans 12:4-8 ESV
For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
1 Corinthians 12:20 ESV
As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
No comments:
Post a Comment