Kathy Troccoli: Go Light Your World
Do you think that's a good thing? I mean would you want people to notice you? I am thinking that the question can be answered in more than one way. Meaning, I guess first it depends on who the person is that notices you? What exactly is it that they are noticing about you? Is it the good stuff, or are they bad qualities you may be showing off? You don't want to give off bad vibes right? I'm thinking that you smart readers of mine get what I'm saying. If one is a child of God, then of course other people should definitely notice them. Those who are being noticed really should ask themselves what exactly are the vibes we're giving off.
Oh wow! Pause for a second because, well let me mention that I begin composing my writings the day before. It is still in the early mornings mostly at Starbucks. So, this writing was made yesterday morning at Starbucks. It actually is early Saturday morning and same as usual Joe is to the left of me peacefully sleeping. I'm editing and putting some finishing touches before I publish this writing today.
I would just like to say hello and thank you to a gentleman I met yesterday at Starbucks. He saw me trying to get my table aligned with my other table and he asked me if he could help me with that. So, who am I to turn down some extra help! When he was all finished of course the knock (Holy Spirit) went off and I offered my business card with a link to my blog writings of the thoughts from God's words that will hopefully start his day off with encouragement! Praying you will be blessed by my writings Mike!
Well, now I think the whole introduction and helpful gentlemen with, Mike, kind of went perfect with the reading for today. You know, I have no idea what the thoughts are of people who see me. However, I am thankful that in the past what I am noticing is how people act toward me. Excuse me while I'm getting a little teary-eyed. Do not worry they're not sad tears they're tears of joy because of this. There are some people who look at me and I believe the Lord is tugging at their hearts and they come and see if I needed some help with something. Or, maybe they just come over by me because I have some uplifting encouraging thoughts that our all mighty powerful God would like people to be encouraged by!
I only had one card left for the day. I may use it or I may not. It's up to God, that knock. (Holy Spirit) I'm feeling like the Lord wants the rest of this writing to just give a little bit of an introduction to myself. Because ever since I started to do these business cards and give them out to people they may not know the whole story with me, unlike some of you. So, here goes.
First of all, my name is Samantha. Some people call me Sam for short. I am in my mid thirties. I'm married to Joe, the man our Lord created to be my spiritual leader and love of my life. I am an MS activist :) I would say I certainly fit the role because I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at age 21. I was in my second to last year at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I ended up graduating 2003 with a bachelor's of Arts degree in Communications.
Shortly after that, I began working many different jobs.The best one I had and really regret leaving was when I was working part time at WBBM AM news radio as an assistant producer. I guess I was a tad greedy in my younger years and a new college graduate that wanted a full-time job and benefits. But like I said, I should have never left. I guess it's water under the bridge now, so to speak. LOL.
My last job, I worked as a receptionist with marketing experience. I got laid off. That was probably like 9 years since I worked a job. Wow, that was a long time. I guess God definitely knew what he was doing when he chose for me not to work a nine-to-five job.
Now, and many many many years before, I have been going to Starbucks. I guess you can call it a non paying job because what I do here are my writings. Oh, let me let you guys know that I actually use the voice to text dictation on my phone to do this blog and share my thoughts. There are times my phone doesn't exactly hear the correct words from my voice. Those are the times when my reading looks crazy. When that happens, I suggest you stop reading and check back in a few minutes. I'll fix it!
From time to time. I do my thing by trying to spread the word about my writings and hopefully bringing people encouragement! I guess you can call it working for God. I have no idea, but I gladly accept the position because it's what the Lord wants for my life. I know it's probably weird to people who don't understand. But, all I can say is if there are people out there that are encouraged by my presence and by my readings, then I know that I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do with my life. And that makes me very happy. :'')
I want to end this writing with something that, encouraged me today. Early this morning when Joe and I got to Starbucks and we ordered a drink, I love it when the normal crew is working. And, one of the ladies, Beniah, after saying good morning to me, said, "Where have you been Sam?! For the past few mornings." I've just been home rather than there at Starbucks. The cold weather was a contributor to my decision to stay home. Anyway, her and some of the other workers here notice when I don't come. Well, I guess I'm pretty noticeable. Hopefully, in good ways. :-)
Wait, before I close my writing I have another short story to share. Okay I really needed to use the bathroom. And there were these two young ladies sitting at the table next to me and I asked them if they can get one of the Starbucks workers to help me to the BR. Unfortunately, the workers were all super busy, So, one of the ladies, Carissa asked me if she could help me. Praise God! So, she pushed my seated Walker to the bathroom and waited until I did my business. Then, she brought me back to my table. Remember I was saying I only had one more card left earlier? Well, I gave my last card to my friend Patti who said she wanted a new one because she lost the first one. So, I didn't have any to give to Carissa or Selena. So, I just told her I really wanted to give her my blog site but I ran out of business cards. So, I asked her if she wanted to write down the link. And, that's exactly what she did right before she left to go on her interview.
Thank you Carissa for helping me go to the bathroom. Thank you for wiping the water that spilled on my table. And, thank you for writing down my link so that you can start your day with encouragement! Praying that my writings will be a blessing to you. Oh, and thank you to Saamaj our friend and worker here at Starbucks for mopping up the water mess I made!
So, fellow Christians do you think we should start making ourselves noticeable? If we are not yet doing it then it's time to go light your world with the love and Grace of Jesus Christ!!! Have a fantabulous day!
Mark 4:21 ESV
And he said to them, “Is a lamp brought in to be put under a basket, or under a bed, and not on a stand?
Matthew 5:16 ESV
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Mark 16:15 ESV
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment