Tuesday, December 20, 2016

CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SAID THAT!

Wow, when I heard what I heard yesterday from the show Windy City Live, wow! On the show yesterday, they had a guest host, Chicago native and actress from General Hospital, Nancy.  She is also known for her character on the show as Alexis Davis.

ANYWAYS, she, along with other hosts of the show really started to give their deep thoughts of that hot topic. Society and the mind of humans are changing.

Personally, I don't agree with that. Not one bit!, these hosts or saying people do not know how they will feel a year from now. So, they said it would not be fair for the other person to make a vow of staying faithful to someone and later end up breaking it.

What are our thoughts on that? I am thinking that God wants his people to make that vow to the husband or wife. He also knows that here's no guarantee that the vow will be kept.  However, folks, all we can do is try. And if we try with the help of the Lord Jesus Christ on our side, that would help tremendously. I guess that really affects me because I'm a married woman so if Joe said that to me, that whole "I will try my best" thing, I don't think so!

Oh I have more shocking topics that they were talking about. I was a little confused because they weren't promoting marriage.  Yeah, they're giving advice on how marriage vows should be said. Again, personally I totally DISAGREE.

They said instead of making some sort of vow in your words, for example maybe the word "promise" will be used. Now, they said instead, people should start saying I will give my best to remain faithful. They were trying to convince us viewers that there was so much power if you use the word "best."  As if!  Right? If your heart is telling you about marriage? Maybe God wants you to partake in that or maybe your heart is telling you that you are not meant to get married. If that is the case, then take heart and be encouraged because you know that God will fill any void you have.

The bottom line is, of course I think marriage vows are necessary. And, then I'm not going to begin to tell you what you should put in the marriage vows. That is your heart

When me and my husband got married, we decided to write our own vows. I don't remember them verbatim. However I do remember one thing that was said to me and I may have said to him too! He told me something about being my spiritual leader. I was thanking God for making Joe my spiritual leader.  Do you guys see how significant, important, caring, loving, awesome and just words that are nice to hear his vows were to me?  So, never ever, ever, ever think that marriage vows are not worth saying.  A vow is a promise.  That's that.

Ephesians 5:31 ESV

“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Hebrews 13:4 ESV

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.


NSYNC - This I Promise You

No comments:

Post a Comment