Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Is That Crazy?

Good morning!

Before I start my writing let me say hello to 3 people I was able to give my business card to. I had my doctor's appointment, just a checkup with the MS doctor. So, the knock went off (the Holy Spirit) making me feel like giving the card. So I gave it to Veronica, Dr. Reder, my doctor I've had since I was diagnosed, and even had the chance to give it to Nancy, his nurse. How awesome! praying that all three of you are very encouraged by my readings and remember to start the day with encouragement!

Oh I have to share this and think this is pretty cool. So, last time I saw my doctor I was struggling a little bit with depression again. And he actually prescribed medication. But I told him after the appointment I started to feel better so I decided I wasn't going to take the medication. He asked me why do I think that was that I started to feel better? I said God! LOL He said that's two in a row this morning. I guess another patient of his right before me also wanted to let him see how awesome God is!

I named the title of my writing this morning, "Is that crazy?" I personally do not think it is crazy. But, who knows, other people may differ in opinion.  What I am talking about is if you guys think it's crazy to talk to yourself? Okay, I'm going to give my thoughts on the subject. I don't know if this will make it sound better. Keep in mind that I did grow up as an only child LOL.

I've heard it said before that talking to yourself didn't seem crazy. However it is if we start answering ourselves then it's a different story. Just yesterday my husband caught me in the act of participating in both commenting and then answering my questions/comments. I seriously don't think it makes someone out to be a crazy person.  If that was the case, I would probably be confined to a mental facility having other mental patients as my friends. So, no it's not that bad.

I do a lot of talking out loud actually especially when I utilize my voice to text command on my phone to make my blog writing. When other people decide to do a little bit of eavesdropping on my comments for my writings, awesome! They're more than welcome to say excuse me what did you say? Excuse me what are your thoughts? Excuse me....

Did you know that David, a well-known psalmist, talked to himself in the psalms? What I've heard and probably something I should do as well is rehash and speak out loud giving God praise and glory for how he worked in my life in the past .

Let me end this writing with a conversation I had with the producer of Barber Shop 2.  I guess it shouldn't be considered crazy to talk to oneself.  He was saying that the first time he caught himself talking to himself that was the time he knew he wanted to be an actor/producer. Being an actress, that is very encouraging to hear that because it's true. When you may end up talking to yourself maybe what you're doing is trying to find your character development. Actors always need to find a way to disguise their true identity and blossom with their new, yet temporary, identity.

Actor or not, maybe we should talk to ourselves either out loud or in our minds and remind ourselves of the Lord and how he truly helped us overcome many obstacles in our lives! The operative word is helped! Remember that's what he does!

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment