Thursday, December 8, 2016

Unity Is A Beautiful Thing!

How many of you guys agree with my title? Well, everyone definitely should agree with it. I love it! You may love it! I'm pretty sure God loves it. Unity is really a beautiful thing!

When the horrific incident of 9-11 happened, when terror struck the high school with shootings at Columbine, when the morning news or evening news or maybe even social media will share news of a horrible incident, we, America, will probably feel sad.  How about people suffering the same illness? Or, what about people who agreed on which candidate to vote for, for this past presidential election? I'm thinking there will be a feeling of unity

I will continue my thoughts using 9/11 as an example That was one catastrophe that had most ,if not all, of America unified with one another.   It's not that we have to have a personal relationship with others. But, it's the human way we empathize with people, when they're happy or when they're sad. Or, maybe you don't?  Everyone is different right? I really don't know how one is going to feel.  I'm just sharing my own thoughts. It's like when something bad strikes America, people put all personal relationships off to the side. And, who cares if they don't personally know us? We, they, me, or you will feel their pain.

I've heard of prayers being lifted up in times of pain or sadness with people who don't even believe in God. I have seen people give hugs and kisses on the cheek when people don't even like to be touched.  I think there is like a trigger on our brains that tells us to let our true feelings out. We need to tell ourselves that it's okay to hurt or feel pain. People should accept hugs.  I, personally do not think it's wise and maybe even healthy to bottle up your emotions either. 

When I went to the funeral of my friend who died at such a young age. She was beautiful before she died and she was beautiful in her coffin. Her funeral was beautiful. I say that because not only was it decorated beautifully in the church but it was beautiful because of the kind words from everybody. And, yes it was nice to be hugged!

1 Corinthians 1:10

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Colossians 3:13-14

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

John 17:23

I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment