Saturday, February 2, 2019

Power Series Part 65: Power Of Forgiveness

Play for the Audio Version


My Kitty Giddy has been mentioned a few times in my writings. And, today she will once again have the spotlight on her, so to speak. Here's what happened.

Last week, one early morning Joe was about to put Giddy's food in the microwave and was going to feed her like usual, until this happened. In the morning, I don't know what happened I usually have strength to walk to the bathroom just grabbing onto things. But, that morning, once I was up on my feet and grabbing onto something, suddenly my feet just got really stiff! I knew if I moved a muscle I would fall. So I was holding on to something, and I called out for Joe. Since he heard that I was already standing up, he knew he had to quickly assist me. So, he did just that. When, I was all situated, I heard a dish falling on the floor. Then within seconds, the rage and fury in my husbands voice was so loud and harsh sunding to our cat, I'm pretty sure she will remember never to repeat what she just did!

I guess she must have been pretty hungry that she had to jump on top of the counter and then push her plate so it would fall in the floor. That left a really bad mess! Joe hates mess! Really bad! Major fail Gideon Gold Verdaguer. Major fail. :-(

So, yeah that incident happened last week. Minutes after she was finished eating, I'm pretty sure she felt bad. She then was hiding behind the side of the couch. After Joe calmed down a little little-bit, he pretty much forgave Giddy.

Lucky for her right? This whole example made me think of this. There really is no guarantee that anyone of us will be forgiven of any sin by any other human. It's difficult for people to forgive other people. Especially, when you talk about forgiving people who don't deserve it.

Good news! Jesus will forgive us for anything anyone of us does. He will do that if we  accept him as our personal Lord and savior..If we accept his gift of forgiveness... if we  have faith and trust  that Jesus Christ  died and rose again  for us...When we do that, forgiving us of our sins is not at all difficult for him to do! Why? Because he loves us!

TBC........

1 John 5:11-12

And this is the testimony, God has given us eternal life in this life is in his son. He who has the son has
has life. He Who does not have the son of God does not have life.

Encouraging thought of the day:

I heard from  Alexa this morning, that we will be in the positive when it comes to the weather! 20 degrees is going to be the high today! Yes, heat wave!

Matthew West Forgiveness


No comments:

Post a Comment