Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Power Series Part 69: Power of the Trap

Play for the Audio Version
Before I begin writing, shout out to Eric! Thanks for zipping closed my makeup bag yesterday! Thanks for accepting my card. Pray you will be encouraged by the writings! Have a good one!

Just hearing the word trap makes me think something bad is happening or will happen? I think of that one character from Star Wars Return of the Jedi. I don't remember the name of the person who said it. I'll have to ask my husband.

What this character said totally stuck to my husband. The phrase that was said was, " It's a trap!" Yep, that phrase had resonated with my husband for years. He always says it. I used to be confused when I would hear that from him. Now that I have heard it, I am not anymore.

He loves Star Wars so much. I have never met anyone that was so into Star Wars as much as he is. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. No. I find it very cute. It helps a lot when Christmas time comes along. He's happy with anything Star Wars.

Every one of us has their own guilty or non-guilty pleasure we love. We love it so much that we voluntarily choose to put so much time to find out anything about it. Anyway, back to my reading for the day. There could definitely be power in traps. I think if you get caught in the trap you kind of lose power somewhat and then the Trap has all the power.

I don't think God likes traps. I don't think God likes trapping people. On the other hand, I did begin my reading this morning saying that just hearing the word "trap" sounds evil. So, I'm thinking that, sounds of evil can only come from the evil ones.

Think about it. When one gets into a trap or finds themselves in a trapped situation, bad and very unnecessary things are bound to happen. Let me give you my thoughts about that.

One feeling that keeps popping up in my mind is this. Confusion. I really do not think God likes us to feel confused. Again, it smells like the evil ones mischievous and devous thoughts. Consider this. When one of us feels trapped and really needs help, we need to call out for Jesus! Our help comes from God!

He carries our weakness, our sickness, our Brokenness all on his shoulders. I think that's a song. Here you go enjoy it!

For King and Country: Shoulders
.

Joe said the name of the character on Star Wars was Admiral Ackbar. " It's A Trap!"

1 comment: