Thursday, February 7, 2019

Power Series Part 70: Power of Unbelievers

Play for the Audio Version


Please pay attention. I don't want you guys to think by my title, it sounds like the unbelievers power is positive. Definitely, don't think it is in any way positive. I do think they do have somewhat of power. Let me explain.

There was a time I was an unbeliever. So, I kind of know what I'm talking about. Consider this, fellow Christian believers. How strong are you in your walk with God? Ponder over that. It's a rhetorical question. If I was literally physically in front of you asking the question, you would not have to give me an answer. Now, consider this. If the answer to the question I just asked fell along the lines of "not that good,'" " could be better," or perhaps just "nonexistent." Then I think the non-believers have some power over you. If your walk with Christ is growing weak, and you are just easily being drawn into sin, then there is definitely a problem.

Unfortunately, the evil one totally sees that and no doubt he loves that because he can easily target those vulnerabilities and work towards his plan of attack. Then the worst thing happens. You fall into sin.

I remember when I first became a Christian when I was 15 years old. I was in high school, and I still had my friends. The same friends I hung around with before I met Christ. Hence, the unbelievers. I was still a baby Christian. And, to reiterate Satan was fully aware of that, and was trying to taunt me. He wanted me to fall super hard in my walk with Christ. I still hung around these friends of mine. Temptations were still around me running rampant. And, no surprise they were stronger than ever. Sometimes high school kids become influenced by other kids who are doing stupid things. And, in order to overcome that, we need Christian friends and we need accountability. Accountability partners.

I'm telling you guys. Fellow Christians, this is serious stuff. I have been there. Your non-Christian friends may be doing stuff you know the Lord does not like. Are you too weak in your Christian life to say no? Do you like to follow the crowds, be somewhat of a people pleaser making yourself look good? Or, are you bolder in your faith, that you can shout the name of Jesus? Can you proudly and possibly with an increased volume in your voice rebuke the evil ones? Let them know who is the supreme boss of your life. If you fall more in the category of being weak in standing up for your faith, then no. I do not believe that one should hang out and easily be negatively influenced by such unbelievers. Believers, you can determine for yourselves if you should be in that kind of friendship. This is where you need to really be mindful of whether you are strong enough in your faith. I'll say it again. Personally, I have been there. If you are not strong in your faith, the influence of unbelievers will win. And, believers we don't want that. Evil ones love that and will stop at nothing to try and get you to fail. Evil will utilize those people who are most important to you to try to get you to fall or stumble in your walk with God. Sadly to say if we are weak in our walk with Jesus Christ, then we'll be weak when it comes to saying no. Saying no to things we know God doesn't want us doing. See, that's what I'm talking about when l refer to unbelievers having power. That's definitely not a positive thing. But, more negative. Definitely more negative.

Luke 6:27
But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Matthew 5:44 ESV
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Zoe Girl: Give Me One Reason
TBC.....................

2 comments:

  1. It is very hard sometimes to turn away from sin. That's why having accountability partners and accountability through your spouse, Christian friends and family is important. Nice post babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And yes I totally agree! Very difficult. We all need accountability partners!

    ReplyDelete