Friday, February 8, 2019

Power Series Part 71: Power of Communion

Play for the Audio Version


Out of curiosity, I just asked my Google Assistant. (GA or Lady Ga) LOL I'm just kidding. I'm just being silly. But, let me read you what she said. First it said, " the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level."    After reading that, immediately, l thought  what? Then I read the second part of the definition, which said "2. the service of Christian worship at which bread and wine are consecrated" And that was a little bit better. What are your guys's deep thoughts about the definitions given? What exactly are your thoughts about communion. Your Deep Thoughts.

I am imagining people's minds are all over the place when it comes to these thoughts. Or, maybe some people are set on their definition of communion? Or, maybe they just don't care at all? That's possible.

But I'm going to share my thoughts, my Deep Thoughts on this Deep Thoughts From Samantha blog. :-) At my church, we celebrate the beautiful service of communion once a month. The members of New Hope gather together and participate partaking of the elements. Before taking of the elements, we are reminded to fully examine ourselves. Do we have any unconfessed sin we have not yet brought to the Lord?

Prior to partaking  in the bread and juice we need to have a clean slate and confess our sins to the Lord and just talk to him. Do whatever your heart is telling you to do. The elders of the church pass out the elements to the rest of the congregation. Our pastor, will say a few words from the Bible reminding us of Jesus dying for us. And, the bread and the grape juice is what we have as a reminder of his death for us.

I'm assuming there may be times one does not want to participate. Maybe, it's due to their slate not being clean? I have no idea what other people's thoughts are. All I know is how I deal with that. And, the way I deal with that is to make things right with God right away. Then I have a clean slate and I'm ready to participate in the communion service. The communion service is so sacred, and definitely not something you want to not be a part of or take lightly. It's a time for believers to really remember what Jesus did for us.

Just like the song says he would like us to remember him. When we smile we are the joy that's in his eyes. Jesus will never leave our side.

1 Corinthians 11:23-29 

For I received from the Lord what I also preassed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Kim Boyce Remember Me


TBC..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment