Friday, February 22, 2019

Power Series Part 83: Power Of The Veil

Play for the Audio Version
When people end up doing something they aren't proud of....Or, maybe they did something that totally causes them shame? Perhaps, their pitifull actions were too embarrassing to even be addressed ever again? The atrocious deed one committed scarred their name for life! I think you guys get where I am gettung at.

When there is a time one feels a feeling like all of the above, well 1st off it sucks! And, the usual reaction is to keep oneself hidden. Yup, that's usually what people would do. Covering up their faces. Sound familiar? Sound like something you would probably do?

Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is this. I don't think the Lord wants us to cover our face. If we cover our faces then how are we going to talk to people about him. I once read somewhere that this person chose to believe in God just by what they saw in the other person's face. Not really too sure on the specifics with that situation. But, wow that's some powerful stuff!

I remember reading a story in the Bible about how Moses' face woud shine brightly. Well, just like that our faces need to SHINE ( yes! Right Carey? SHINE brightly with the glory of Jesus shining all around us!)

Let me end with a quick story that I heard.

Father Raniero Cantalamessa, a Capuchin monk who is preacher to the papal household, aged eighty-one, was very encouraging to many people because of this. Many people commented on how his face and eyes shine with the radiance of God’s presence. He was on a train one time in Italy when a woman, who was a total non-believer, approached him and said, ‘Your face compels me to believe.

Now, I don't know about what you guys think. But, I'm thinking that was some powerful stuff!

See what I mean about covering your faces? The evil one wants us to keep the veil on and  2  keep  us hidden. But thank God for  Jesus. "Only when they turn to the Lord is the veil taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:16).

Shine Jesus Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment