Sunday, February 24, 2019

Power Series Part 85: Power Of Fixing Them

Play for the Audio Version

Today I want to talk about fixing our spouses. Is that something you spouses would be interested in? Believe me you can put me first in line when it comes to wanting to change something about the spouse. Oh, I'm sure my husband would like to change something about me as well. 

Right now I think of two past popular actors from the 90s. Dana Carvey from SNL when he was acting the part of George Bush. His famous line was, " Not gonna do it!" Or, another famous actress, Alicia Silverstone, from the 90s movie Clueless. Her saying was, " As If!"

The thing is I don't have any control when it comes to changing anything about my husband. Nor, does he have any control with fixing anything about myself. Nope, neither any one of us have anything to say when it comes to that.

Changing or fixing someone is possible. But, it's only possible if the Lord is in the is in the driver's seat, so to speak. Don't try to test that. Unless of course you want to taste bitter defeat. 

I know that there are many times I have probably tried to do the fixing myself. But, I can't recall a time where it was successful. I have learned the hard way when it comes to tampering with God's plans and his work on people. Don't meddle with his work or interrupt him. Don't think you know better than God, because you don't. He will let you know it. Sometimes, in the most hurtful ways.

So, folks all we need to do is be obedient to what he says his will is for our lives. We need to be patient. We need to continue to show love. We need to continue to be respectful.

Oh yeah, I believe there is power in fixing. And, the power comes out when the Lord does the fixing. At times in the most miraculous of ways!

TBC..............

Proverbs 26:17 ESV


Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.



1 Peter 4:15 ESV 

But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler.


1 Thessalonians 4:11 ESV 


And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,


Proverbs 26:20 ESV 


For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.


Chris August: Restore



Jesus Culture: One Thing Remains

No comments:

Post a Comment